Meeting at Ham Village Centre
You are invited to attend our meeting on Thursday the 8th of November at Ham Village Center. Arrive for 7.15 pm, to have time to buy a drink and a chat, meeting start at 7.30.
Please RSVP by Tuesday the 6th November, so we can give Ham village centre a guest list, they are offering us temporary membership. Please email us email@example.com
The agenda for the meeting is
- Welcome and Introductions
- Notes of meeting on 20th of September– anything not covered by the agenda. To read the notes from last meeting, click here
- Ham Lands Management Plan – report from meeting with Tasha Hunter (Ecology Policy and Planning Officer at Richmond Council
- Work over the winter
- Rota for leading with projects, rolls for the meetings.
- Tools – grant for purchasing tools
- Publicity and working with other groups, mailing list
- TCV help with path and scrub management
- Radnor Bridge - The Council is calling for residents to submit their views on a possible new pedestrian and cycling bridge. They are suggesting on two locations, from Radnor Gardens across to Ham Lands and at the end of Ham Street across to the other bank. Please click here for more information
- Butterfly Monitoring - Transect
- Talk and recruiting / training volunteers
- Dogs impact on nature/ dog licence review and feed-back, please see here more information.
- Walks and Talks
- Bird walk
- Butterfly talk in January?
- Other suggestion
- Date and venue for next meeting.
Help us create a butterfly habitat!
Join us every second Saturday in each month 10-12
We meet at Riverside Driveby the footpath to Teddington Lock
We are cutting back encroaching scrub to maintain sheltered open grassland areas and open woodland which are attractive to butterfly’s, and also maintaining some of the small footpaths through the scrub that are in danger of being overgrown. Areas where this is necessary have been identified by local naturalists and the Council’s ecology officer.
Time: 10– 12.00 (or as long as you can stay)
Are children welcome but need to be accompanied by an adult – please bring their own gloves as we only have adult sized gloves!
If you got gloves, secateurs, saws and gloves please bring them and wear working clothes including strong and water prof footwear.
Location: Ham lands
Meeting and finish point: In front of Tesco Express, 185 Ashburnham Road, Ham, TW10 7NR
Route: A 40 to 60 minute walk crossing the Ham lands towards the river, with a choice of walking up or downstream before returning to the starting point. This is a flat walk with a mix of paved, gravel, earth and grass surfaces.
Grade: 1 and 2 (Beginner to intermediate) - 2 different paced walks take place
Getting there: Bus route 371 (Mariner Gardens stop). Free parking is available on the road.
Toilets: Available at end of walk at Church
For more information please see https://www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/walkfinder/london/richmond-health-walks