Other places to meditate
- Twickenham mindfulness group meets on Tuesdays in Stawberry Hill. twickenham.sanghafriends.com
- Kingston mindfulness group meets on Wednesdays. www.kingstonmeditation.org.uk
- Richmond mindfulness group meets on Thursday in Sheen. www.richmondmeditation.org.uk
- London Insight Meditation (LIM), is a small independent charity that promotes insight meditation, plus related practices, values and teachings from the Buddhist tradition. They organise meditation groups and events.https://www.londoninsight.org/
- Amaravati is a Theravada Buddhist monastery situated at the eastern end of the Chiltern Hills in south-east England. It is near the Hertfordshire village of Great Gaddesden. The nearest towns are Hemel Hempstead and Berkhamsted. They have workshops, day retreat and longer too. You can also just go there to visit. www.amaravati.org
- Gaia House, is a meditation retreat centre in Devon, offering silent meditation retreats in the Buddhist tradition. gaiahouse.co.uk
- Plum Village, near Bordeaux in southwest France, is the largest international practice center in the Plum Village tradition, and the first monastic community founded by Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) in the West. plumvillage.org
Events and courses
Walking meditation in Richmond Park
Saturday 18th November 10 am at Kingston Gate
We will be enjoying a mindful walk, silently if you wish, on the 18th November through Richmond Park starting at 10am at ending up at Petersham Gate.
From there we will continue on to Petersham Nurseries for a cup of tea and a piece cake for those who wish.
The walk takes about 1 hour at a gentle pace giving us time to enjoy the colour of the leaves and maybe a deer or two.
Organizer Kingston Mindfulness Meditation Group, for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
"Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." —John Muir
Introductory Taster Workshops,
A Taster Intro Workshop to Mindfulness and Mindful Self-Compassion
Dec 11th 7-9pm at Kingston Quaker Centre, £15
Come to a Mindfulness and Mindful Self-Compassion Introductory Taster workshop to find out more about these amazing programs. Begin to discover hands-on what mindfulness is by trying some experiential practices and short guided meditations. Learn about the Mindful Self-Compassion approach, and its role in reducing stress, improving your health and wellbeing. You will get an overview of the background and science alongside the underlying attitudes of these approaches and there will be plenty of opportunities for questions and discussion. This is also a useful introduction if you are thinking of joining an eight week course.
Mindful Self-Compassion 8 week Course - Book Now
Saturdays, Jan 27th to 24th March 2018 at Kingston Quaker Centre